iHeartMedia Lexington RFP
This Request for Proposal is to assist iHeartMedia Lexington in the selection of 501(c)(3) partners to co-develop cause marketing programs. The chosen organizations will be the recipient of a local in-kind media campaign across select iHeartMedia Louisville radio stations.
iHeartMedia, the leading media company in America with a greater reach than any radio or television outlet, is initiating a formal Request for Proposal [RFP] with invitations extended to prospective organizations to help identify cause marketing partners between May 4, 2020-July 31, 2020. The process is designed to ensure an impartial method for non-profits to vie for iHeartMedia’s in-kind media opportunities. iHeartMedia is now accepting proposals from select non-profit organizations to be the recipient of an in-kind promotional campaign consisting of Public Service Announcements (PSAs), Streaming and Digital Placement. iHeartMedia Lexington stations include: NewsRadio 630 WLAP, Mix 94.5, WTF 97.7, 98.1 The Bull, 98.5 Icons, 100.1 WKQQ, REAL 103.9, 104.5 The Cat and Rewind 105.5. The iHeartMedia Lexington Local Advisory Board will determine which radio stations and websites are best suited for the campaign.
IHeartMedia Lexington Local Advisory Board Mission Statement:Harness the resources and reach of iHeartMedia to improve the quality of life for Central Kentuckians by bringing visibility to organizations and programs strengthening the Bluegrass.
iHeartMedia Community Partnership Business Objectives
Below are iHeartMedia Lexington’s main business objectives for the Give YOUR Heart community partnership campaign:
▪ Increase awareness of iHeartMedia’s community engagement activities and local station properties
▪ Help establish brand identity for iHeartMedia Lexington’s Community Partnership program
▪ Leverage iHeartMedia’s ability to mobilize listeners across the Lexington area
Organization Selection Criteria
iHeartMedia is looking for the following key organizational attributes in a partner:
▪ Central Kentucky organization with the ability to activate a campaign under the theme of Give YOUR Heart
▪ Leader in cause category with proven advancements and impactful mentorship programs benefitting the youth of Central Kentucky
▪ Ability to influence local behavior
▪ Highly transparent and financially responsible
▪ Excellent reputation with solid foundation of donors, volunteers, supporters, etc.
▪ Strong relationships with community influencers including local opinion leaders, business owners, corporate executives and decision makers with the ability to engage those relationships
▪ Proven ability to elevate brand and program awareness
▪ Successful editorial coverage in leading business, news and industry-specific media
▪ Team credentials
You are invited to include as much information as you consider sufficient to aid in iHeartMedia’s selection process. Below is suggested information to provide:
▪ Brief overview of your organization and its mentorship program(s)
▪ Discuss how your organization differentiates itself from other non-profits
▪ Annual Financial Performance
▪ In-depth list of marketing and PR capabilities
▪ Cause marketing case studies that prove track record for success
▪ Current partner list including long-term relationships
▪ List of board members and major supporters (non-financial)
▪ List of executive staff and staff who will manage the iHeartMedia partnership Activation & Program Development
Please provide 1-4 fully developed program concepts that address how you would use the inkind media to activate a unique cause marketing program. iHeartMedia reserves the right to determine the duration and timeframe of the campaign. Each recipient will receive a 3-month media campaign on all iHeartMedia Lexington stations worth a minimum of $30,000. Please consider the following questions when developing your plan:
▪ How does your mentorship program help the youth in the Lexington, Kentucky area?
▪ What type of impact would the media inventory have on your organization?
▪ How would you integrate iHeartMedia Lexington to be a visible program partner?
▪ Does the program meet iHeartMedia’s business objectives?
▪ What is the program’s call-to-action?
▪ What are the organization’s objectives and expectations?
▪ Is the program innovative and newsworthy?
▪ How would you engage key partners, donors, board members and other supporters to be excited and active in the campaign?
Radio: All radio PSAs will be produced by iHeartMedia at no cost to the organization. The organization will be responsible for providing creative brief and available assets as well as developing a full marketing and communications plan. iHeartMedia reserves the right to determine the number and length of PSAs awarded to each non-profit organization.
Digital: iHeartMedia will produce all digital website pages at no cost to the organization. However, the organization will be responsible for providing available assets and cause related content.
RFP Submission Deadline – July 31, 2020 If your organization wishes to be considered, iHeartMedia is requesting a written proposal (PDF format only) that addresses the points detailed in this RFP be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2020. The final selection process of non-profit partners will be completed no later than August 14, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns during the RFP process, please contact Jelisa Chatman at email@example.com or (502) 432-0721. Thank you in advance for your interest in iHeartMedia!
iHeartMedia retains all right, title, and interest in and to any material, knowledge, know how, suggestions, comments, information or other communication, including all data, images, sounds, verbiage, text, and other things embodied therein, that you provide iHeartMedia in connection with this RFP, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein (“Feedback”). Accordingly, by submitting a response to this RFP you hereby assign ownership of all Feedback to iHeartMedia.